Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Margin in iOS App with Adobe Air

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I am developing an iOS app for iPhone (preferably iPhone X) and I've come across black margins at the top and bottom of my app. I'm attempting to research "Launch Images" and how they are used for iOS apps to resize said app and remove the black margins. I have a couple of questions and i hope someone can assist me as it's preventing this project from being completed by my client (for very good reason).

1.) This is how the app currently looks and the black margins have been driving me insane, just to confirm. I need to add a launch Image correct?

2.) I'm trying to understand how "Launch Images work". For example, I have these images that I'd like to put into the root of my application. do I put one in or do I put them all in? I made sure the sizes are correct according to apple's document on how launch images should be applied to apps here.

3.) Is there a preferred method to create Launch Images (I create mines as PNG's in Photoshop or Illustrator)? 

Thank you for your time

TOPICS
Development , Other , Packaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's correct, you'll need to add Launch Images for apps to appear fullscreen on iOS devices.  Ideally you would want to include images for every resolution/device your app will support, the full total is around 20 or more right now.  Here's a list of the current names and sizes which seems to be accurate:

https://wiki.starling-framework.org/manual/ios_launch_images

PNGs created in Photoshop or Illustrator would be fine.  Depending on how you're building/packaging your app, you'll want to make sure all of these images are included in the final ipa generated, at the same root level as your application swf and xml -- so if you're using Animate, make sure each launch image is added to your "Included files" alongside the swf and xml, or if you're using the command line adt, make sure you type all of the launch image filenames into the package command.

Soon Apple will require that you use Launch Storyboards instead of Launch Images for all app submissions, at the link above you can see the workflow for that as well if you'd rather go that route now (it requires a Mac with Xcode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines