• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank screen when switching from Stage3D on iOS

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team's app has run well on Android and the ADL emulator, but on iOS (iPad 12.1.4 latest), I get a blank screen (which I tested and is the 'empty' stage).  The point at which this happens is after I try to hide/disable/change visibility on my Stage3D content (Away3D) to go to a 2D menu.  It isn't crashing, because I can still interact with the invisible menus and return to the stage3D scene which displays perfectly again.  I have tried all sorts of searches and ideas, but cannot seem to figure this one out myself. I am using Adobe Animate, and AIR release 32.0.0.89.  I have not updated Animate to the latest version since I am not finished with this project yet, but would be willing to try.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, are you using Adobe Animate CC or an IDE like Flash Builder / FlashDevelop?  I have tried so many different ways to make this work, and there has to be a way to get iOS to start rendering the 2D view again.  I have yet to try importing an external swf for the stage3d display - have you tried that by any chance?  And sorry, but are you using Away3D or another library to access stage3d?

I did update to Animate CC 2019 but release 32 is still the most current and nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, yes we are using Flash builder with Away3D as library. We didn't try to import the stage as external swf, it will take us a lot of time because of the complexity of the project 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am running into the same problem as you did and I wonder, if you found a solution to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you find a solution for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am answering myself here to tell anyone who might encounter the same problem: I solved it by keeping the enterFrame-Event, that is rendering the away3d viewport, running, after i switched back the the 2d-stage. Apparently on iOS the stage doesn't switch back properly to 2d which causes the app to stop rendering the 2d-content after you go back from stage3d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it's related, but I've had issues on Android in GPU mode where an app wouldn't render after deactivating and activating when you return to the app, and I'd just be stuck with a black screen.  The quick fix for that was to change the stage quality to a different setting and then back to the original, and this forced it to start rendering things on-screen correctly again.  It's obviously a different scenario than what's happening for you, but might be worth a try to see if that fix makes any difference here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines