Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug with Samsung Tab 3 and GPU mode?

Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Today I got a mail from a customer, telling me that all my apps on his Samsung Tab 3 show a blank screen when launched. On his Samsung Tab 2, they work fine. Both devices are running Android 4.1.2.

My apps are using GPU mode, so I suppose the issue is there. I don't own a Samsung Tab 3 to make my own tests, but did you encounter this issue on your side?

Thank you!

Frédéric

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederic,

Is this the tab 3 with the x86 architecture?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I asked my customer, and it is the 7 inches Tab 3 (so I think this is an ARM model, since only the 10 inches model is based on x86, as far as I know)

Here are some apps from my catalog, he says they all do the same thing : https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Indie+Goes+Software

Behavior is: the app launches, the background is blank, only the loading progress bar appears till completion, and nothing else happens (the screen remains blank)...

Thank you!

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We tried reproducing the issue with a sample application using GPU but it's not reproducible.It would be great if you can share below information

1. Your application name or any any sample application.

2. AIR SDK used.

3. Any other devices where the problem is reproducible.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick replies.

You can try any app here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Indie+Goes+Software

I am not aware of any other device having the same issue yet.

All my apps have been recently recompiled with AIR SDK 13.0.

Cheers,

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Frederic,

We tried the app you shared on Samsung tab 3 and Nexus S with 4.1.2 and 4.2 OS but the problem is not reproducible at our end. Is this problem intermittent.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimit,

Thank you very much for testing (and actually this is good news if it works on your side!). My customer told me that it was systematic: he even uninstalled, uninstalled/rebooted, and the problem still occurs. Please could you tell me which app of my catalog you tried exactly? Just to ask him to do the same on his side and be sure the same app is tested.

Thank you!

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried below 2 applications.

1. Vibrational energy oracle desk

2. Angel Feather Oracle cards

Please let us know if your customers are able to reproduce the problem with the above applications. Or is there any other application which we need to test.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've found exactly this same issue with GPU apps on the Galaxy Tab 3 -- but the issue is ONLY appearing on the international model of the tablet with the model number SM-T210.  The US model of this tablet has a different model number -- SM-T210R -- which works completely fine.  Unfortunately we haven't found any way around this, and Google Play doesn't differentiate between the T210 and T210R to mark just one of them as incompatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I was having problems with same issue, probably related to international version of the device, because Adobe couldn't reproduce it. But it disappeared at some point, after OS update. Maybe your customer could try that?

Bug#3675769 - renderMode=gpu doesn't render Bitmaps (GalaxyTab 3 7")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines