• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera permission and 5. 1.1 Legal: Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past whenever I've asked for camera permission or camera roll permission I've always put a modal alert before the request to access the camera that states why the app is requesting permission. Like the one screencapped below. My latest app is getting rejected for this. They want me to have the reason stated in the apple modal alert that actually asks for permission.

I don't have access to that modal alert as it's a system alert. Has anyone been able to change that system alert and if so how?IMG_07A8BBCF927F-1.jpgattachment-3529494894493928696Screenshot-0716-123052.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are just entries in the app descriptor XML. I just had to do that, and here are my entries for why I want the camera, and why I want access to camera roll. I think you will still be ok with doing your own dialog before the Apple one comes up. Here's how the XML looks:

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key>

<string>Take pictures of the people and places you would like to remember.</string>

<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>

<string>Save this photo to your camera roll.</string>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHhhh, I never knew that. That's great hopefully that will appease this reviewer.

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AIR 28 introduced support for purposeStrings.xml. You can use that to define several permissions strings, and in alternate languages. This post talks about it:

11/23/2017 - Beta - AIR 28.0.0.120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines