Highlighted

Can't compile 64-bit AIR ANE with ADT

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to compile the Adobe tutorial ANE (GitHub repo here, Tutorial here) for armv7 and arm64architectures to bring it up to date.

ADT is failing, with Apple App Store allows only universal applications. "libIOSVolumeLib.a" is not a universal binary. Please change build settings in Xcode project to "Standard Architecture" to create universal library/framework

However, lipo -info ios/libIOSVolumeLib.a reports: ios/libIOSVolumeLib.a are: i386 x86_64which I think means that the file is OK.

My XCode project settings clearly show:

• Architectures are using Standard Architectures (armv7 arm64)
  • "Build active architecture only" is set to NO
  • "Valid Architectures" are armv7 armv7s arm64
  • My build configuration is set to "release"

Everything builds OK. The libIOSVolumeLib.a file is being copied to the appropriate folder structure that is referenced by the ADT build command.

The ADT build command I'm using is: adt -package -target ane Volume.ane extension.xml -swc VolumeLib.swc -platform iPhone-ARM -C ios . -platformoptions platformoptions.xml -platform Android-ARM -C android . -platform default -C default .

The ADT I'm using is in the bin folder of the latest Adobe AIR SDK (AIR v.18) that I just downloaded today. I do not know whether this is the SDK that is being used, but I'm assuming that it is, since ADT is in a subdirectory of this SDK folder.

How do I resolve this error?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't compile 64-bit AIR ANE with ADT

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to compile the Adobe tutorial ANE (GitHub repo here, Tutorial here) for armv7 and arm64architectures to bring it up to date.

ADT is failing, with Apple App Store allows only universal applications. "libIOSVolumeLib.a" is not a universal binary. Please change build settings in Xcode project to "Standard Architecture" to create universal library/framework

However, lipo -info ios/libIOSVolumeLib.a reports: ios/libIOSVolumeLib.a are: i386 x86_64which I think means that the file is OK.

My XCode project settings clearly show:

• Architectures are using Standard Architectures (armv7 arm64)
  • "Build active architecture only" is set to NO
  • "Valid Architectures" are armv7 armv7s arm64
  • My build configuration is set to "release"

Everything builds OK. The libIOSVolumeLib.a file is being copied to the appropriate folder structure that is referenced by the ADT build command.

The ADT build command I'm using is: adt -package -target ane Volume.ane extension.xml -swc VolumeLib.swc -platform iPhone-ARM -C ios . -platformoptions platformoptions.xml -platform Android-ARM -C android . -platform default -C default .

The ADT I'm using is in the bin folder of the latest Adobe AIR SDK (AIR v.18) that I just downloaded today. I do not know whether this is the SDK that is being used, but I'm assuming that it is, since ADT is in a subdirectory of this SDK folder.

How do I resolve this error?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2015 0
Advocate ,
Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2015 0
Advocate ,
Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also try to ad armv7s for Standard Architectures (armv7 arm64)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue, ADT won't compile with a armv7, armv7s, and arm64 set for Architectures.

Anyone found a solution?  Please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved it? My problem is the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same issue the problem has gone after selecting minimal item for ios deployment target under build settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 0