Highlighted

Can't debug a development AIR App with ANE

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AIR app that I want to test.  Specifically, I want to test/debug AS3 code I've written around the FreshPlanet Payment ANE.  It was recently updated to universal (inc. 64bit) on iOS.

My development certificates and provisioning profiles must be ok.  I can test the app on my iOS devices if I remove the ANE stuff.  I can build release apps (with a release certificate) with the ANE stuff included - and test them via TestFlight - but of course, I lose debugging, diagnostics, stack-traces, etc.

I want to be able to test on a device connected to my computer (with a development certificate).  But I can't do that when I introduce the ANE stuff.  It gives me an application verify error - and it can't install the app.

I've checked and double checked everything to do with certificates and provisioning.  I checked that the .ipa includes 64bit support.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't debug a development AIR App with ANE

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AIR app that I want to test.  Specifically, I want to test/debug AS3 code I've written around the FreshPlanet Payment ANE.  It was recently updated to universal (inc. 64bit) on iOS.

My development certificates and provisioning profiles must be ok.  I can test the app on my iOS devices if I remove the ANE stuff.  I can build release apps (with a release certificate) with the ANE stuff included - and test them via TestFlight - but of course, I lose debugging, diagnostics, stack-traces, etc.

I want to be able to test on a device connected to my computer (with a development certificate).  But I can't do that when I introduce the ANE stuff.  It gives me an application verify error - and it can't install the app.

I've checked and double checked everything to do with certificates and provisioning.  I checked that the .ipa includes 64bit support.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work-around.  It seems I can test an ad-hoc build, which uses my release certificate.  But I'd still like to know why the development certificate build didn't work in conjunction with an ANE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2015 0