Highlighted

Can't install Adobe Air Sdk 22 on Animate Latest Version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For ages, I just created a folder under c:\air_sdk named for example in this way:

air15.0

air16.0

air17.0

air18.0

etc etc

So I created my brand new directory "air22.0" then unzipped the latest air sdk.

Then I launch the latest Animate version.

But when I select "help"/"manage Air Sdk" (or whatever it is, mine is in Italian) and then I select the directory I created, it says that no valid air sdk is in that dir.
Anyone has the same issue?
Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't install Adobe Air Sdk 22 on Animate Latest Version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For ages, I just created a folder under c:\air_sdk named for example in this way:

air15.0

air16.0

air17.0

air18.0

etc etc

So I created my brand new directory "air22.0" then unzipped the latest air sdk.

Then I launch the latest Animate version.

But when I select "help"/"manage Air Sdk" (or whatever it is, mine is in Italian) and then I select the directory I created, it says that no valid air sdk is in that dir.
Anyone has the same issue?
Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and working on it. Meanwhile could you please follow the below steps to make it work

a. copy “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2015.2”

b. paste under “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\”

c. rename the pasted folder as “Adobe Animate CC 2015”

If your Program Files folder is on a drive other than C, change the location to use that drive.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2016 1
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround is not working for me. I get a warning when publishing for iOS:

If I click OK, it continues with the usual publishing progress bar, but then ends up with this and Animate CRASHES:

It's July 30 now. Has any progress been made with this? Please don't wait for your next official release cycle. This is urgent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2016 0
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to also add: How are we supposed to maintain our apps that REQUIRE staying with older versions of the AIR SDK?! Your CC automated updater DELETES the older version of Animate CC and Flash CC leaving me with only the latest one which will NOT support SDKs less than 21! That means if my app has any ANEs or other requirements specific to an older version of AIR, I am screwed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The August update to Animate CC 2015.2 has a fix for this issue. This update also brings you the following features and enhancements

• Google Fonts support for HTML5 Canvas documents
  • New Brush Sizes with improved drawing experience
  • New Publish Profile file format that can carry the embedded custom HTML templates along
  • and more, you can refer to the complete list New Feature Summary (June and August 2016)

Please update your copy to the latest using Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. If you do not see the update in Creative Cloud desktop application, please select ‘Check for App Updates’ option from the gear icon in the CC desktop app.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan,

I have Animate CC build 15.2.95. It comes with AIRSDK21.0. I can install AIR22 and AIR23, but not AIR 20.

Kind regards

Mitja

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitja,

Historically the Manage AIR SDK helps you to add a recent version of the SDK than the one comes pre-installed with the Flash/Animate version. It would be great if you could elaborate on a use case where you have to go back to the older versions of SDK.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan,

I have the same problem that LilGames in the one of the posts above.

We have custom made ANE and since AIR SDK 20 or 19 our apps do not work properly anymore. In our case a strange bar with undo and redo buttons appeared. This is case only with iPad apps, but not with the iPhone apps.

Many thanks

Mitja

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mitja. Ill add this to our product backlog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2016 0