Highlighted

Can't update Adobe AIR after Yosemite update and need it for a third-party app.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Yosemite and had some issues. After receiving help from Apple, I could not open a third-party app; it said I needed to update Adobe AIR. When I tried to do that, I got the same message saying I needed to update AIR again. I tried uninstalling and installing AIR but without success. What steps do I need to take?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't update Adobe AIR after Yosemite update and need it for a third-party app.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Yosemite and had some issues. After receiving help from Apple, I could not open a third-party app; it said I needed to update Adobe AIR. When I tried to do that, I got the same message saying I needed to update AIR again. I tried uninstalling and installing AIR but without success. What steps do I need to take?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the AIR Installation Issues forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem when trying to install Zinio.air. I have made it all work out. What i did was remove Adobe Air 15 entirely from the Utiliites and Library/ accounts and preferences. I then downloaded Adobe Air 13 and installed and then clicked on Zinio .air and it all installed ok. I also had to temporarily change security settings from Apple approved to Anywhere. All functioning now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it's not allowing me to install version 13, it automatically takes me to version 15. I uninstalled and installed Flash Player but that didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone heard of a fix for this yet?  I'm having the same issue.  I tried contacting Adobe support but apparently they provide no support for free products.   I was told by Adobe support I need to come to this forum for support. Very frustrating. I also tried contacting the 3rd party app but they do not know how to fix this issue either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the support team for the 3rd party app I'm trying to get to work and they suggested downloading and re-installing it. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Quite frustrating to say the least.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2014 0
lgexiyi4 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried adobe air 15 beta downloaded from Adobe Labs and it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2014 0