• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you get a Screen's scaling factor on Windows using Adobe AIR only?

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new ScreenMode class introduced in AIR 31 l(Release Notes Flash Player 31 AIR 31​) let's you get the different modes of a connected screen as well as the current mode. This is great, however I would also like to get the current windows scaling factor.

Is this possible using the AIR api's?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This can be achieved by the contentsScaleFactor property. Please refer Stage - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference for more information.

Thanks,

Amrita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the contentScaleFactor only returns the scale of the primary monitor. If you have an example on how to get the scale factor for all individual monitors/screens that are connected to a Windows system, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On dragging the AIR application window to the secondary monitor which has a different DPI, the contentScaleFactor gives the updated scale value of the secondary monitor.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is gives just the requestedDisplayResolution, not the real contentScaleFactor of the MSwindows screen property. How do I get the real value of the property?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm glad there's a thread about this, because I had the same problem.
After I disabled Display Scaling for my app (through file properties in Windows), I can't seem to turn it back on, and therefore can't test the solution. Oh well, hopefully users won't see the problem in my app anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines