• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Install Adobe Air on my Computer

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 10 home on a Dell Inspiron 620 and keep getting the following error when attempting to install Adobe AIR:

"Adobe AIR

Sorry, an error has occured

An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

I am the administrator!  Help, I need Adobe AIR to run a couple of other programs I am trying to run.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Hi,

Can you try below mentioned steps:

- After downloading the Adobe Air .exe file, go to its location (usually in your Downloads folder) and right click on it.  Rather than clicking on "Run as Administrator" (which did not work for me), click on "Properties".

- Then go to the "Compatibility" tab.

- At the bottom of the Compatibility tab place a check beside "Run this program as an Administrator".

- Hit the "Apply" button and try running your Adobe Air install again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try below mentioned steps:

- After downloading the Adobe Air .exe file, go to its location (usually in your Downloads folder) and right click on it.  Rather than clicking on "Run as Administrator" (which did not work for me), click on "Properties".

- Then go to the "Compatibility" tab.

- At the bottom of the Compatibility tab place a check beside "Run this program as an Administrator".

- Hit the "Apply" button and try running your Adobe Air install again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great and thanks so much.  For anyone reading, you might have to restart your computer after you follow the steps above for Adobe Air to install without giving the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi alc1​,

Good to know it worked for you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines