Highlighted

Cannot open my old .fla files

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because Air is no longer Adobe product, and I need to enable Air publishing. 

But my old files were not using Air, to my knowledge.  I tried installing from Harman, but run into some issues with extracting the file.  But above all I am not even sure if I need air for anything else than opening my old .fla files. If Air is an essential part of Animate, why do I have to pay for it separately, to a different company?   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open my old .fla files

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because Air is no longer Adobe product, and I need to enable Air publishing. 

But my old files were not using Air, to my knowledge.  I tried installing from Harman, but run into some issues with extracting the file.  But above all I am not even sure if I need air for anything else than opening my old .fla files. If Air is an essential part of Animate, why do I have to pay for it separately, to a different company?   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need Air just to open a fla file. If the fla uses Air and you don't have it, Animate will show an alert but will still open it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, makes no sense.  Yet when I try to open this file, I get a message "Air SDK is no longer shipped with animate.  In order to open this file enable air publishing. Get help."  And when I click on get help, it takes me to the Harman site. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, previous comment by me is not right.

You can download Air from https://airsdk.harman.com/download after clicking on the checkbox. You don't need to license it just to open a fla. Or you can still download Air 32 from https://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, got it working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0