Highlighted

cant build to android dx tool failed

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to compile a feathers mobile project i get the following error:

`: compileAPKProject: : : [java] dx tool failed: : :

BUILD FAILED : C:\moonshine\bbbNewFeathersMobileProject\build\build.xml:146: Java returned: 17 : : Total time: 20 seconds : :

BUILD FAILED : C:\moonshine\bbbNewFeathersMobileProject\build\build.xml:146: Java returned: 17 : : Total time: 20 seconds : FSCH exit code: 17`

according to this link:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSBE9908A0-8E3A-4329-8ABD-12F2A19AB5E9.html

when adt. jar returns 17 it means: "Device packaging tool failed.

The package could not be created because expected operating system components are missing."

I have no idea what that means I only know as3.

I'm using moonshine ide trying to compile a feathers/starling project.

please help.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

cant build to android dx tool failed

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to compile a feathers mobile project i get the following error:

`: compileAPKProject: : : [java] dx tool failed: : :

BUILD FAILED : C:\moonshine\bbbNewFeathersMobileProject\build\build.xml:146: Java returned: 17 : : Total time: 20 seconds : :

BUILD FAILED : C:\moonshine\bbbNewFeathersMobileProject\build\build.xml:146: Java returned: 17 : : Total time: 20 seconds : FSCH exit code: 17`

according to this link:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSBE9908A0-8E3A-4329-8ABD-12F2A19AB5E9.html

when adt. jar returns 17 it means: "Device packaging tool failed.

The package could not be created because expected operating system components are missing."

I have no idea what that means I only know as3.

I'm using moonshine ide trying to compile a feathers/starling project.

please help.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem also, the solution that worked for me, which was posted by someone else, was to:

Find the file "adt.bat". The path to that file will be something like:

C:\Users\*yourusernamehere*\AppData\Local\FlashDevelop\Apps\flexairsdk\4.6.0+25.0.0\bin\adt.bat

Change the line:

@java -jar "%~dp0\..\lib\adt.jar" %*

to (or similar depending on your own program paths):

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin\java".exe -jar "%~dp0\..\lib\adt.jar" %*

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2019 0