• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captive runtime clarity

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm just being lazy, but I'm not finding any good clear documentation for publishing adk files from the Flash IDE (CS5.5) with the captive AIR runtime. Can anyone please advise where to find such documentation, or give a concise set of steps to publish with captive runtime?

I'd also like to find a good, clear, explanation of the use of Adobe's ADT. Any advice?

thanks in advance, Craig

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The earliest Flash Pro I've got installed is CS6 - so can't be sure if this is the same with 5.5 - but with CS6 when you publish for Android just select "Embed AIR runtime with application".

And this covers ADT pretty comprehensively ...

Adobe AIR * Android APK packages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captive runtime is a feature of Adobe Air SDK.  The issue is, you are using Clash CS5.5 that doesn't have the UI checkbox to select captive runtime since that version of flash pre-dates the AIR captive runtime functionality.  You can either a) upgrade to CS6 or CC (recommend) or b) compile using command line with the air SDK. 

Note that Flash CC has other enhancements like bigger icon support for higher res Android screens so I would recommend the 1 app creative cloud and get CC as they keep fixing and adding stuff.  It also has an easier way to manage SDK's and is a lot faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines