• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color shift when viewing FLV video on iOS

Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, I'm seeing an odd red color shift in video included in an app on iOS. It's my understanding that only FLV video is supported on iOS for adobe air apps. I've been trying to export the FLV with a number of different color space settings but the odd color shift persists. This only happens on device and doesn't happen so far in android testing. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, do you have any tips?

Thanks for reading,

-cybo

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

It's a long time since I tested FLV on iOS. Using StageVideo would let you play hardware decoded H.264 video and AAC sound, and would be better quality and performance than FLV.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a long time since I tested FLV on iOS. Using StageVideo would let you play hardware decoded H.264 video and AAC sound, and would be better quality and performance than FLV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin. This was using stagevideo but with FLV. There must of been a problem with the encoding with the file I was using. Since when I tried the mp4 it wouldn't play on device. Then I had read somewhere mobile air on iOS only supports the FLV container. I tried a reencoded mp4 now and it's working great! Thanks!

Would you happen to have any tips to accommodate the different aspect ratios of iOS devices? I know getting that kind of system info isn't a perfect science and apparently even harder on Android. Looking for a way to keep it full screen on different ratios without cropping etc or letterbox bands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lot of videos are 16:9, and if you're doing a landscape app you're ok for original iPhone through to iPhone 5/6/7. The older iPhones would have borders above and below the video. iPhone X is more of a problem, in that it's very wide. I would just take the 16:9 video and have it centered, and see if what gets cut off matters at all. You would have the same issue with the Samsung Galaxy S8.

If important stuff is cut off you would need to make the video less wide, so that the height fits into the screen, and there would be borders on the left and right.

To keep it full screen on all devices you would position and size it so that either the width fits or the height fits, and the other direction gets cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines