Exit

Commercial License to publish Adobe AIR for desktop

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am building a commercial desktop product using:

- Adobe Animate Air (Publishing for Adobe AIR for desktop)

- Adobe Flash CS 6 Air (Older Version of Animate)

Does published projects built under these IDE's can be used for commercial purposes?

what are the legal terms for it? do we need to attach some form of a license to our EULA?

The business model is subscription based (we are not selling any type of assets)

I found Adobe Term of use under - Legal Terms of Use | Adobe  with the following line:

"4.7 Selling Your Content. We may allow you to license your Content to other users through our Services after agreeing to separate terms."

Can anyone help me where can I find and sign those items? and what type of additional info I need to add to my EULA agreement.

I couldn't get those answers from Adobe support.

Thanks

Asaf

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care what you do with the app - you can sell it, give it away, rent it, whatever. You cannot charge money for or claim copyright in the AIR runtime library itself, but the code you wrote in Flash or Animate is entirely your property.

TOU clause 4.7 is about using Adobe's own platforms to sell content (e.g. through Stock).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer Dave.

How can I get an official answer from Adobe regarding this topic?

Thanks

Asaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will raise it internally; you could also ask Customer Care via the phone or chat service, but you won't get anything in writing from Adobe's lawyers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) End User License Agreement - Adobe Labs​ for the terms and conditions for using Adobe AIR. If you still have questions, get in touch with us using this link Contact us | Adobe

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines