• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

concerns about next versions

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem when 'air for android' things executed in android devices (as opposed to running in a desktop while trying to test in desktop, but with mobiles as target) from the I believe first version that exported to android (Flash cs 5.5, not sure if you could do that with previous versions).

When using touch events, the desktop execution was fine, but when running on the device it used to execute the wrong handlers to certain events (like executing mouse up though the finger was still touching the screen). -that behavior had effects like giving a virtual joystick a brain damage, where half of the joystick would receive user input and half of it would not. In current android apps made with current animate version I still notice things like a virtual joystick getting intermittence on a finger that has not left the screen; things like that, though not as notorious as before, but I believe its got more to do with the increase of performance in devices rather than some fix in air.

recently, in an already published app for ios, i noticed something (not always, just this time, which makes me kind of nervous). when pressing a button that was supposed to exit current frame, it displayed the screen that was supposed to appear in the 'deactivate' event (pause the app while the user moved on to something else); so i have this concern: do air runtimes for mobiles have a bug that makes them run the wrong handler for certain events? and did it have it for many versions without being fixed?

concern #2: besides of the 'you can no longer upload using api 11 for ios', there is also a message on the other side. from august forward, all apps uploaded to the android store should also include the 64 bit executable. since the ios bundles (which I hope/expect will build their own asset catalog this time) include the 32 & 64 bit executables, I assume it will not be a problem to do something like that for android, but then again I am concerned about native extensions. how does this work? will a native extension work for both the 32 & 64 bit executables? or how do you manage this in the project?

tnx

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines