• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consume URL Data

Engaged ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AIR app for real estate that agents can share with their clients. When a client finds a property that they like, they can click on a "Contact Agent" button to send an email to the agent to ask for further information. I would like to make it so that the email also contains a link, which when clicked by the agent, it will launch the AIR app and take the agent directly to that property.  That would mean that the AIR app would have to be able to read the URL that was clicked, which would contain a property index, so that it knows when it opens which property to show.

Is there a way in Flex/AIR to consume the URL that was clicked to open the app so that I can pull out specific information from the URL??

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it a desktop or mobile AIR app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is currently mobile, on tablets, but we plan on releasing a desktop version next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can use deep linking on Desktops, but for Android and iOS you can use deep linking with URL schemes or universal links to open an installed app with parameters from a given URL.

Using Android App Links in Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks rewb0rn. This "deep linking" was exactly what I was looking for.  I will have to read it more thoroughly, but my concern at this point is desktop solutions.  After a surface read, deep linking looks pretty well covered on mobile devices, but our app will be written for both mobile and desktop, and I am less confident that an email link that is clicked will be able to open a desktop app to the state that I want it in as easily as it will open a mobile app in the proper state.  The best solutions I have stumbled across so far are ANE's, which won't work on desktop.  But since AIR is AIR, I don't understand why I would be able to do this on mobile but not on a desktop???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ANE can work with desktop AIR but most ANE producers do them for mobile,
anyway you don't need an ANE for that

Now, for desktop, you will have to create a captive runtime, define <fileTypes>  and do some association in the installer

see here Adobe AIR * Packaging a captive runtime bundle for desktop computers
the part where it mention "File type association"

for example https://books.google.fr/books?id=nVhTiKcIPAQC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA347#v=onepage&q&f=false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines