Highlighted

Crashes in WebKit.dll after upgrading to Adobe AIR 23

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have deployed an application using Adobe AIR on Windows and Mac. The app uses the HTML part of Adobe AIR. However of the last couple of days we've been getting multiple reports from our users that the app sometimes crashes during use. We haven't found any specific reason for the crash, apart that it happens in WebKit.dll. All affected users are using Adobe AIR 23.

I've filed a bug with #4191479

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crashes in WebKit.dll after upgrading to Adobe AIR 23

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have deployed an application using Adobe AIR on Windows and Mac. The app uses the HTML part of Adobe AIR. However of the last couple of days we've been getting multiple reports from our users that the app sometimes crashes during use. We haven't found any specific reason for the crash, apart that it happens in WebKit.dll. All affected users are using Adobe AIR 23.

I've filed a bug with #4191479

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the application with us so that we can reproduce the issue and look into it.

Please mail me at [kragarwa][adobe][com]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added windows logs to the BUG 4191479 - see link above.  Please look into this issue as Adobe AIR v23 seem very unstable with regards to WebKit.  I cannot reproduce the issue easilly, yet I can tell you that MANY users have reported issues with v23.  We need a response from Adobe on this, as this is causing widespread issues for us.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I belive we are having the same issue.  Happen on update to v23.   Seems to be happening on all Windows OS's.

Our app starts eating memory slowly then the UI just glitches up where Adobe Air becomes unresponsive and a force shutdown is required.

It would be difficult to share our APP as it requires a MySQL db to run.  

I was able to intercept a crash and get a dump file of the EXE when it froze.

Let me know what you find.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2016 0