Highlighted

Damaged app after Info.list is edited

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a "... app is damaged and can't be opened" alert, presumably from MacOS Gatekeeper, when trying to open an app on which I modified the Info.plist file.

I simply added this :

CFBundleURLTypes, CFBundleURLName and CFBundleURLSchemes

I tried editing the plist with a texte editor and Xcode, same error occurs. If I remove the above items from the plist, the app opens normally. The app is signed correctly, am I supposed to sign the plist as well ?

Testing with : MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.12.2, AIR SDK 23, Captive runtime

Any ideas ?

I think issue with signatures of published app. Try to resign it after your plist was edited

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Damaged app after Info.list is edited

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a "... app is damaged and can't be opened" alert, presumably from MacOS Gatekeeper, when trying to open an app on which I modified the Info.plist file.

I simply added this :

CFBundleURLTypes, CFBundleURLName and CFBundleURLSchemes

I tried editing the plist with a texte editor and Xcode, same error occurs. If I remove the above items from the plist, the app opens normally. The app is signed correctly, am I supposed to sign the plist as well ?

Testing with : MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.12.2, AIR SDK 23, Captive runtime

Any ideas ?

I think issue with signatures of published app. Try to resign it after your plist was edited

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 27, 2017 0
Advocate ,
Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2017 0