Highlighted

DataShare ANE not including camera role (photo gallery) on Android!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why DataShare ANE doesn't include camera role (photo gallery) on Android? I only get these apps on my phone. Tested it on many different phones and tablets too. Same result. No save to album/photos...

Screenshot_2016-08-24-16-05-28.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DataShare ANE not including camera role (photo gallery) on Android!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why DataShare ANE doesn't include camera role (photo gallery) on Android? I only get these apps on my phone. Tested it on many different phones and tablets too. Same result. No save to album/photos...

Screenshot_2016-08-24-16-05-28.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your screenshot, you are possibly running your app on Marshmallow which requires explicit permission from the user to access the camera and photos if the app targets Marshmallow for its build. If that isn't the case, then you should contact the developer of the ANE and give them the specs of your devices (device name and OS version), AIR version you are publishing with, etc and ask them for help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not use Marshmallow. Tested it with different Samsung devices on Android 4.4.2, 5.0.2 and 5.1.1 with Air 22.0.0.153.

I tried to use:

cr = new CameraRoll();

cr.addBitmapData(tempBitmapData);

and it worked fine.

Abhishek.Jain​ any idea?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird ignorance from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be a general Android one, and nothing to do with Adobe or AIR. I doubt that the ANE is knowledgeable about all sharing methods there are in Android and iOS, and it's just calling the OS sharing feature.

If you look around for the same issue in other tools you'll find some suggestions, including the fact that the list is scrollable. Maybe Gallery is lower down?

In any case, I've asked the author of the ANE to come and read this, in case I'm wrong!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2017 0