Highlighted

Deactivate "double tap + swipe = zoom"-behavior (Flash, Air)

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. It's about the zoom-feature which is triggered by double-tapping, directly followed by swipe. (so not releasing after last tap, but just swiping)

Currently, I'm working on a game-app, where this built-in feature is unfortunately very confusing.

I could also not find a related deactivation-option for the app itself (Android).

I'm using MultitouchInputMode.GESTURE.

Is there a built-in way to deactivate that by code? I have not found it so far.

Or is it planned to be introduced in a future version?

If yes, I would either think of deactivating it permanently, like:

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.doubleTapZoomeMode = false; // or so

Or even better: a preventable event that is dispatched right before TransformGestureEvent.GESTURE_ZOOM; (start-phase):

like DOUBLE_TAP_ZOOM; and the prevention of the event would cause the system to ignore the following touch action.

If there was no way, I had to create some workaround... but I want to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Yves

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deactivate "double tap + swipe = zoom"-behavior (Flash, Air)

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. It's about the zoom-feature which is triggered by double-tapping, directly followed by swipe. (so not releasing after last tap, but just swiping)

Currently, I'm working on a game-app, where this built-in feature is unfortunately very confusing.

I could also not find a related deactivation-option for the app itself (Android).

I'm using MultitouchInputMode.GESTURE.

Is there a built-in way to deactivate that by code? I have not found it so far.

Or is it planned to be introduced in a future version?

If yes, I would either think of deactivating it permanently, like:

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.doubleTapZoomeMode = false; // or so

Or even better: a preventable event that is dispatched right before TransformGestureEvent.GESTURE_ZOOM; (start-phase):

like DOUBLE_TAP_ZOOM; and the prevention of the event would cause the system to ignore the following touch action.

If there was no way, I had to create some workaround... but I want to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Yves

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a work around? I noticed the same behavior depending the android version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was able to come up with a little workaround, actually not too difficult. I am blocking the zoom-gesture handler whenever a double tap occured before.

On MouseEvent.DOUBLE_CLICK, which is on mobile devices dispatched when a double tap occurs, I set some boolean flag "_zoomPrevented" to true, and on TransformGestureEvent.GESTURE_ZOOM with event.phase == GesturePhase.END I set it to false again. And as long as _zoomPrevented is true, I abort the zoom-handler.

Hope, that this approach helps you, too.

btw: In my case it was Android Version 4.4.4 and the device was a Dell Venue 7.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer

I will try this solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2015 0