• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developer a web browser with Adobe AIR

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need create for my company a custom browser in Adobe AIR first all is possible create with Adobe air and How make this?

Second: If my client no have flash player in your machine it can open browser and view apps in FLEX this browser?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Correct, that is what the documentation implies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your first question, yes* you can using the HTMLLoader class in AIR. Having said that, welcome to the great expectation.

*AIR has a 7 or 8 year old version of WebKit built in that the HTMLLoader class uses for rendering web pages. Because of this, some HTML/CSS/JS may not render or behave as expected based on experience with current web browsers.The AIR community has been officially waiting 2 years for Adobe to either update the WebKit version built in or provide a different solution to HTMLLoader for desktop AIR apps.

To answer your second question, I believe so**.

**You will have to use AIR21 for forever and all time. Based on the release notes for AIR22, it states, "Starting in AIR 22, applications that play swf content via the HTML control (WebKit) will now load the system level NPAPI Flash Player provided by Adobe (https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).  If this plugin is not available on the system, the end user will be prompted to download and install the plugin from Adobe.". So that implies to be that AIR has bundled the Flash Player with AIR since AIR was first released and with the AIR22 release, that is no longer the case. So, if I am understanding that note correctly, you should be able to deploy an AIR app using the HTMLLoader class to create a web browser that can also load SWF files as long as those SWF files were created targeting Flash Player 21 or lower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello wadedwalker,

If I understand... If I create a web browser with AIR 21 the flash player ready done? I not install flash player the air lower 21 Already HAS Flash player done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, that is what the documentation implies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines