Highlighted

Developing for iOS: Poor iPhone graphics

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app looks fine on iPad, but on iPhone, the graphics look like they aren't being smoothed or anti-aliased at all.  It's the exact same app on both devices, so they share identical publish settings.  Any suggestions?  I'm using Flash CC 2014, Air 16.0.0.222

Roger

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

Yes.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Developing for iOS: Poor iPhone graphics

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app looks fine on iPad, but on iPhone, the graphics look like they aren't being smoothed or anti-aliased at all.  It's the exact same app on both devices, so they share identical publish settings.  Any suggestions?  I'm using Flash CC 2014, Air 16.0.0.222

Roger

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

Yes.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which iPhone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone 6 (small).  Looks good on my iPad mini (non-retina).

Could it be the publish setting for 'resolution'?  It's currently set to 'standard'.  Perhaps if I tried 'high'?

Roger

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - thanks so much.  Now that I think of it - that makes total sense.  My iPad is standard res.  My iPhone is retina (high res).  So when I publish for standard, and it's viewed on a high-res device, it looks poor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2015 0