Highlighted

Discussion: Structure of the forums

Advocate ,
Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I am active in this community I was wondering over the weird way the Flash/Air runtime forums are scattered through the Adobe community site.

There is the Air Channel:

AIR Development

AIR Bugs and Performance Issues

Technical forums in the Animate CC Channel:

ActionScript 3

ActionScript 1 and 2

Adobe Scout

Developer forums in the Flash Player Channel:

Flash Runtime Announcements (this is the place where new Air SDKs are announced)

The Air / Flash Beta Channels:

Flash Player Beta Channel

AIR Beta Channel

All these forums are clearly interesting for anyone working with Flash / Air / AS3, but it is very easy to miss the existence of them if you end up in one of the channels. Content of the Air Development and AS3 forums specifically is very similar and could easily be joined. I also think this is part of the problem why the Flash / Air dev community is so scattered. Is there any chance to reorganize the channels and put these forums into one channel to increase the visibility of these topics to everyone? I think it would be beneficial to the whole community.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Discussion: Structure of the forums

Advocate ,
Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I am active in this community I was wondering over the weird way the Flash/Air runtime forums are scattered through the Adobe community site.

There is the Air Channel:

AIR Development

AIR Bugs and Performance Issues

Technical forums in the Animate CC Channel:

ActionScript 3

ActionScript 1 and 2

Adobe Scout

Developer forums in the Flash Player Channel:

Flash Runtime Announcements (this is the place where new Air SDKs are announced)

The Air / Flash Beta Channels:

Flash Player Beta Channel

AIR Beta Channel

All these forums are clearly interesting for anyone working with Flash / Air / AS3, but it is very easy to miss the existence of them if you end up in one of the channels. Content of the Air Development and AS3 forums specifically is very similar and could easily be joined. I also think this is part of the problem why the Flash / Air dev community is so scattered. Is there any chance to reorganize the channels and put these forums into one channel to increase the visibility of these topics to everyone? I think it would be beneficial to the whole community.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 24, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree i really want to see them unified. I think its very important.

It has always been very weirdly scattered and unknown, I have seen many seasoned devs stumble on one or some of them and become surprised they hadn't known if it.

I would love to see a single page with all threads combined. Like how the starling forum is structured. It still has sub categories, but you can select the front page which shows all possible threads by date/time.

Perhaps adding a main page is something that can be done without needing to redo all those sub forums?

Or at the very least, links on the side showing all related as3 forums hidden around here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2017 4
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestions!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.. consolidation would be nice.. 
I'm bookmarking this thread, just to utilize those nicely organized links above... 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2017 2
Advocate ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pushing this in the hopes that some community manager stumbles over it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2017 0