• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Flash (pro CS6) apps published for AIR 13 for android run on Android devices with older AIR ?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peace every one

I'm wondering.. if I publish my game (made using Flash Pro CS6) for Android AIR 13,will it run on android devices with

older version of AIR?

and if they do, will the performance of my game be affected?

or if they don't, will they be asked to update to AIR 13?

PS:some phones I tested my app on,(app was publshed to AIR 3.2) ,couldn't handle some features in the app

thank you soooo much for the great help.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

The later versions of AIR always have a captive runtime. That means that if you publish with AIR 4 or AIR 13, that’s the version your app will use. It won’t matter if the user already has the AIR 3 runtime installed, it won’t get used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The later versions of AIR always have a captive runtime. That means that if you publish with AIR 4 or AIR 13, that’s the version your app will use. It won’t matter if the user already has the AIR 3 runtime installed, it won’t get used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines