• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does a list of compatible GPU's exist for StageVideo/VideoTextures?

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We utilize hardware accelerated decoding of H.264 video in an Air application which previously used StageVideo and now uses the VideoTexture class. The application is built on the Intel NUC platform. Everything worked fine on the Haswell processors (using the HD Graphics 4400 video card) -- both with StageVideo and VideoTextures. Since moving to the Broadwell chips (HD Graphics 5500), video decoding falls back to software (for both StageVideo and VideoTextures). I've opened up a bug case on this (Bug#4130735 - StageVideo and VideoTextures fall back to software decoding on Intel HD Graphics 5500).

Has anyone else come across this issue? Is there a central place/ web page to report which platforms/GPUs that StageVideo is fully compatible with?

Thanks!

josh.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tested StageVideo on a Skylake processor which utilizes the HD Graphics 520 GPU -- and I can confirm the problem still exists: H.264 video decoding falls back to software decoding. Has anyone in this form been able to utilize hardware video decoding on any of the newer Intel GPUs (post-Haswell)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe engineer responding to my bug case, posted the following URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/stage3d-unsupported-chipsets-drivers-flash.html

While this does not speak specifically to StageVideo support -- it more broadly addresses GPU compatibility with Stage3D. According to that document, Intel HD Graphics GPUs are fully supported for Mac and Windows Machines. I am working with a Windows Embedded 7 System. StageVideo and VideoTextures worked for me with hardware video decoding on the Haswell platforms; it has stopped working with the Broadwell and Skylake chips. This feels like a regression bug.

Has anyone on this forum successfully utilized H.264 hardware accelerated video decoding with the new Intel HD Graphics GPUs?

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines