Highlighted

Does ADL support 64-bit mode on Windows? (AIRSDK 29)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no luck in finding reference to this question anywhere so far..

I had successfully compiled Captive runtime in x64 with AIRSDK 29, without problem but it seems for me that ADL is stuck in x86 mode.

I have added environment variables `AIR_WIN_ARCH=64` and `<architecture>64</architecture>` in app descriptor file as the release note suggests, and wrote simple memory fill routine by creating lots of big `BitmapData` instances.

The result.. Captive runtime build will have no problem using more than approx. 1.5GB of RAM but when debugging with ADL it throws `Invalid BitmapData` Error at around 1.5GB of RAM usage.

Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does ADL support 64-bit mode on Windows? (AIRSDK 29)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no luck in finding reference to this question anywhere so far..

I had successfully compiled Captive runtime in x64 with AIRSDK 29, without problem but it seems for me that ADL is stuck in x86 mode.

I have added environment variables `AIR_WIN_ARCH=64` and `<architecture>64</architecture>` in app descriptor file as the release note suggests, and wrote simple memory fill routine by creating lots of big `BitmapData` instances.

The result.. Captive runtime build will have no problem using more than approx. 1.5GB of RAM but when debugging with ADL it throws `Invalid BitmapData` Error at around 1.5GB of RAM usage.

Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 11, 2018 1

Have something to add?