• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anybody know if Adobe has mentioned fixing Flash Builder so that it does not crash so often?

Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know if Adobe has mentioned anything about putting some time into fixing Flash Builder on Windows so that it does not crash so often, and in my case every hour? The issues occur on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

There appear to be several race conditions with the Adobe AIR SDK and Flash Builder. These race conditions are easily reproduced when saving, refreshing, and preparing for a code hints. In my case, I use a project that depends on another project, that depends on another project, and total compile time is 15 seconds as of Adobe AIR SDK 19. If while saving and during those 15 seconds I simply hover over a method, then Flash Builder will crash.

There are many other use cases in which a race condition can be reproduced, but all in all, I am just wondering if Adobe can comment on whether or not there is any future for Flash Builder? Perhaps it is not Flash Builder's fault for crashing, perhaps it is simply the SDK that is crashing and as a result causing Flash Builder to remain in a non-responsive state.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never saw FB crash I'm lucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines