• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know when will it be possible to build apps for Android Tablets with Flas CC2015?

Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there will be a way to build my apps for Android Tablets with Flash CC 2015 just like apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod can be built just by selecting which devices are targeted.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

By choosing "Full screen" in the Settings you will be able to port it to all. Usally you would also use some code to place elements out on the stage. However, if you don't want to code too much, you could make the stage a 4:3 format, for instance 1024x768 px (if landscape mode), and make all important stuff visible inside that area. Then, add extra graphics (like extended background) on both sides of the stage - this will be visible for devices with wider screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I understand you correct, but you've been able to build apps for Android devices with Flash for a long time, and that includes both tablets and mobile phones. I'm not sure how to target only tablets, but at least you can get an idea of whether your app is being played on a tablet or phone by checking the screen's inches with code like this:

function isAPhone(mc:MovieClip):Boolean{

var tabletMinimumInches:Number = 5;

return(Math.max( mc.stage.fullScreenWidth , mc.stage.fullScreenHeight ) / Capabilities.screenDPI < tabletMinimumInches);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He means, how can you prevent small screen Android users from installing the app. It's done in the app descriptor file, but I could track down the right information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I think it's something in the lines of:

<supports-screens android:anyDensity="true"

android:smallScreens="false"

android:normalScreens="false"

android:largeScreens="true"

android:xlargeScreens="true"/>

Haven't tested it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everybody for your replies.

I think I wasn´t specific enough.

I use Flash CC 2015 to build my apps and I know almost nothing about AS3 or code.

When I build an app for iOS I can choose (in the "AIR for iOS Settings" window) the device I want my app to run in. If I choose "iPhone and iPad" my app works OK on both devices.

When i build and Android app I can´t do that (in the "AIR for Android Settings" window) and when I upload the app to the Play Store it says that I should design my app for tablets and that my design should adjust to the availabe space in tablets.

So I would like to know what´s the easier way to make my apps work on any Android device. Phones and tablets.

Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By choosing "Full screen" in the Settings you will be able to port it to all. Usally you would also use some code to place elements out on the stage. However, if you don't want to code too much, you could make the stage a 4:3 format, for instance 1024x768 px (if landscape mode), and make all important stuff visible inside that area. Then, add extra graphics (like extended background) on both sides of the stage - this will be visible for devices with wider screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lars. Thanks for your reply. I allways choose "Full screen". So I´m gonna try your advice on making the stage a 4:3 format.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines