• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the 15.0.0.302 AIR SDK fix the iPhone 6 plus screen size?

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

There's a known issue for AIR SDK 15.0.0.302 that says the iPhone 6 Plus reports the wrong screen size. Is this still a known issue in the release version of the AIR SDK? I don't own a 6 Plus, so I'm not quite sure what this will mean for our apps? Or how to verify what it'll look in a simulator. Is there a way?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Nm, looks like it's bug #3829474.  From the bug notes, we've got this fixed in the simulator but the actual device is still reporting back an incorrect scale size (via apple's API's.)  The last bug comment suggests that this should be tested again in the next iOS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere that although the release notes are not updated that the splash screen issues are fixed too. I can't test to the Simulator currently, and don't have iPhone 6, so I can't be sure.

There is an update due very soon, you might wait for that, it has other fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin  - Should I keep looking for announcements in this forum? Or is there a better place to know when updates are coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell does announce things somewhere around here (for example: 10/2/2014 - Beta - AIR 15.0.0.302 Runtime and SDK ), but I often keep checking this page too:

Download Adobe AIR 15 Beta - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.302 was just released today.  Is there a bug number I can reference for the iPhone 6+ screen size?  I'd be happy to check to see what the status is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I can look for a bug number - I was really more reacting to the release notes which has these known issues listed.

Known Issues

[iPhone 6 Plus] Wrong screen size and dpi is returned through the runtime APIs.

[iPad 3 and later]iPhone Launch image(Default@2x.png) appears on iPad if iPhone launch images are packaged along with iPad launch images.

[iPhone 6 Plus] [Launch Image]: Blank frame appears instead of launch image when only Default@3x.png is packaged with application.

Here's the link that I'm looking at, just in case there are multiple release notes pages and I'm looking at the wrong one.

Release Notes | Flash Player® 15 AIR® 15

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nm, looks like it's bug #3829474.  From the bug notes, we've got this fixed in the simulator but the actual device is still reporting back an incorrect scale size (via apple's API's.)  The last bug comment suggests that this should be tested again in the next iOS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

One thing that may help clarify the issue for. Is the error just that we get a different scale, and that we don't get retina display graphics for iPhone 6 Plus? Or is the issue bad enough to break the layout of our apps completely? Are you able to tell?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forwarded these questions to the bug report.  Will let you know what they have to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't find bug 3829474 in the bugbase.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I'm also interested in when this issue about incorrect screen size on iphone 6+ will be fixed - with AIR SDK 15.0.0.349, I get stage dimensions of 1472x828@2x instead of 2208x1242@3x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines