• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the Adobe AIR team have plans to fix the MacOS Catalina Installation issue?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the release of MacOS 10.15 Catalina in October of 2019 the Adobe AIR version 32 application installer available from https://get.adobe.com/air/  fails with new installations of  Adobe AIR with the error message:

"Adobe Air.framework is damaged and can't be opened"

This is due to the new Gatekeeper functionality on Catalina.

The "workaround" is for users to open up a terminal and run the following command:

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework

This clearly is not an acceptable long term solution.

Is this a known issue that the Adobe AIR development team is actively working on?

We have an installation base of our desktop AIR product of over 100,000 machines, and a significant proportion run MacOS, and as they all upgrade to 10.15 we're seeing a huge escalation in the incidence if this issue to our userbase.

I've reached out to Harman, but as this is a current issue affecting current users and Adobe is commited to supporting AIR v32 until the end of 2020 according to their official blog post is there a timeframe to correct this problem?

The issue does not occur if users are upgrading existing AIR installations from MacOS 10.14, but only in brand new installations of Adobe AIR on the latest MacOS.

Thank you for your support of this platform over the last decade.

It would be good to get an ETA or some official timeline on when our users can expect a fix.

Warm Regards,

Eugene Ware

CEO

Noble Samurai

TOPICS
End of life , Installation , OS , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is affecting a large number of our customers and is creating a huge issue for our support team. Very interested to hear an update on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the same problem here. Following this thread, and hoping to see an official response soon. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I typed the string sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework 

in the terminal window and got Password?.  Not sure what to do now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to type in your macos login password (assuming your user has Administrator privileges) and then hit return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe Air and got same message about framework damaged.  I don't know what it means to "open up a terminal" to type in suggested command. I'm not that skilled tech wise.  My OS is mac Catalina 10.15.2

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this, dose Herman know about it? I am working on a application running in multiple countries and institutions that depends on Adobe AIR. This seems like a major issue and haveing the users open up the terminal is not acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to Harman and received this email response from Andrew:

---

Hi

Yes we’re working on a new version of the shared AIR runtime that will address this issue. It will be a temporary workaround though, as longer term we would expect developers to re-package their applications using the AIR SDK that we provide (version 33.1 and onwards, which will support MacOS platforms – this is also forthcoming).

We hope to have these solutions available shortly, I will let you know when this is online.

thanks

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

add this line to descriptor file

<architecture>64</architecture>

Catalina is only accepting 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines