• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy way to use native UI in AIR for mobile?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use Flash CC for mobile gaming, but when I want to create a regular app I need to create my own UI and that takes a lot of time, I have found several components on internet but they require coding, Is there aany components that you can just drag and drop in Flash CC?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Maybe this is what you need

igg.me/at/airui

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is what you need

igg.me/at/airui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native extensions provide easy access to device-specific libraries and features that are not available in the built-in ActionScript classes. Find the below link:

Native extensions for Adobe AIR | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native extensions are great, but they are not very good for UI, I needed something that I just could drag and drop into the Flash CC scene and then compile to Android and iOS, I tried what JankoMarkoDWC3 said it was the closer to what I wanted, I tried it and it mimics the UI of the OS it uses, it's still under development but works very well for what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well first off II don't think you're going to find any native extension that is just drag and drop... def takes a bit more than that.

As others have said Native Extensions are not really meant for UI.. but you can use them for some things... alerts, dialogs, random popups...Check out Distriqt they have some that may do what you need. distriqt // air native extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not looking for native extensions, they do not even have anything to do with what I needed, I used simple components that can be used in Flash CC and they behave just like native controls,

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/airui-native-experience-for-adobe-air-mobile-apps/x/9470229#/

They offer ANE's but I just needed the UI components, and they work well so far, I will post a sample later, thank you all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well your title implied other wise... most people consider "native ui" to the actual OS ui that would show up in the app. Glad you found what you were looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines