Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emoji issues on AIR 23

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings AIR team,

Some members of the community and I are having issues while developing chat based applications using the AIR runtime.

Please take a look at the following report, Bug#4184369 - Emoji colors wrongly rendered in 'direct' mode

Best regards,

George

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really 2 different issues - I think iOS and Android both handle emoji characters in different weird ways, and IIRC both have changed the way they handle it at least once, plus Flash has its own way of dealing with text so I imagine this might not be trivial.. I'm voting for it though, in any case I think it's important for AIR to be able to handle a feature that has really become a standard thing that users expect to just work.

If it's any help, and this is obviously not ideal, on iOS you can use StageText to render text to a bitmap with emojis intact - won't work for editable fields of course but it's better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines