• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error creating arm64 compatible ANEs

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create ANEs with arm64 support with no success so far.

My native libraries are compiled for both armv7 and arm64 since lipo -info confirms so, however ADT still outputs:

"Error: Apple App Store allows only universal applications. This ANE must have a universal iOS binary. Please change build settings in Xcode project to "Standard Architecture" to create universal library."

Do I need to change something in my ADT commandline? I tried several ANEs and had problems with all of them. Could anyone provide further information or tips?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the exact same problem. A simple ANE systematically fails with the same error.

XCode 6.1.1

ARCHS_STANDARD, arm64 armv7 armv7s

swc compiled with air16 and swfversion=27

air16 adt with command:

-package,-target,ane,/xxxxxx.ane,extension.xml,-swc,xxxx.swc,-platform,default,-C,default,library.swf,-platform,iPhone-ARM,-C,iPhone-ARM,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried setting the extension descriptor namespace to AIR 16.0, but got the same result. Maybe some specific option is needed in the platforms option XML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your ANE, app.xml ,swf file and assets(if any) , so that I can look this at my end. Please share this at abmishra@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent you an email with all my files. All my ane compile and work fine in AIR15, none compile in AIR16 (they all fail with error mentioned here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get your mail, can you please try resending it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it again. It doesn't come back as undelivered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your ANE, app.xml ,swf file and assets(if any) , so that I can look this at my end. Please share this at abmishra@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mail sent, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I got the libNativeMaps.a but please share the swf, ANE and app.xml so that I can try creating ipa at my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further tests I've discovered it seems to be some problem with the AIR SDK for Flex developers, the ANEs compile fine using the one with ASC 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I believe , this is not related to ASC1 or ASC2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it should not be related, after all, ADT is independent from MXMLC and ASC2, but the same files using the same command line compile fine with the ASC2 package, while the other gives the error posted in the original thread. A bad archive was distributed? maybe we uncompressed the files the wrong way? I've always done it the same way (the same way I did for the ASC2 package as well), but will try again later today and post back. Would be nice to get some feedback from superduperjmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try today and post my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error with both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any progress on this? After February I won't be able to publish anything if this is not solved by then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you confirmed your native library is built for both amv7 and arm64?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has to be using the standard arch with ioS device as target as posted in my first reply. This is the standard Xcode setting anyway. Is there anything else that needs to be set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share your swc,.a file, extension.xml and other resources to me, I did not get you mail last time, it will be good if you can share it via dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 options to check, from memory, both architectures and valid architectures have to include armv7 and arm64, and also build only active architectures has to be No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I checked my binary using lipo and I got this:

Architectures in the fat file: xxxxxxxx.a are: armv7 arm64

So this should mean that I do have my universal library correct? And so it means that the error thrown by adt is just wrong and misleading.

(both my emails were delivered without problems, please check your spam folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mavericks or Yosemite? I was on Mavericks and moved to Yosemite, but I think it should work on both. I haven't tested again with the Flex SDK yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am sorry but I could not see any mail in my mail client, checked other folders too. If you want me to step in to diagnose the issue kindly share it somewhere on dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are available here: http://angrybot.us/ExAlertAne.zip

They contain the AIR 15 version working fine and the AIR 16 version not compiling. In the 16 version the .a is an universal .a with both armv7 and arm64 enabled, the swc is on version 27.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you are missing a platform XML for your native library, maybe the problem is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines