Highlighted

ETC1-alpha textures not showing up in Adobe Scout

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If I have an app that uses an ATF file for a compressed textures that just has the ETC1 (with alpha) format in it, then it displays fine when it runs on an embedded device that only supports the ETC1 format. But the texture is not displayed in Scout.

Instead I can see the compressed upload in the Stage3D pane:
  Texture(3).beginFullUpload()
  Texture(3).upload(COMPRESSEDALPHA <ALPHA_ETC1>, 0)
  Texture(3).endFullUpload()

but at the top of the pane it says:
  Error #3677 in Texture(3).upload(COMPRESSEDALPHA <ALPHA_ETC1>,0);
  * Texture decoding failed. Internal error.
and in later frames you then see the warning:
  Error #3605 in Context3D.drawTriangles(43, 0, 8);
  * A sampler binds an invalid texture.

I'm assuming here that the ALPHA_ETC1 format is not supported on the desktop so presumably Scout isn't able to upload this data, hence the lack of display and ongoing error - but could I get confirmation of this, and is this just a restriction that we can't get around or is there a plan to have some sort of fallback mechanism added to Scout?

I'm also wondering whether the same issue is going to be true for the new ETC2 texture formats: will Scout be able to properly reflect the remote display here?

thanks

Andrew

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ETC1-alpha textures not showing up in Adobe Scout

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If I have an app that uses an ATF file for a compressed textures that just has the ETC1 (with alpha) format in it, then it displays fine when it runs on an embedded device that only supports the ETC1 format. But the texture is not displayed in Scout.

Instead I can see the compressed upload in the Stage3D pane:
  Texture(3).beginFullUpload()
  Texture(3).upload(COMPRESSEDALPHA <ALPHA_ETC1>, 0)
  Texture(3).endFullUpload()

but at the top of the pane it says:
  Error #3677 in Texture(3).upload(COMPRESSEDALPHA <ALPHA_ETC1>,0);
  * Texture decoding failed. Internal error.
and in later frames you then see the warning:
  Error #3605 in Context3D.drawTriangles(43, 0, 8);
  * A sampler binds an invalid texture.

I'm assuming here that the ALPHA_ETC1 format is not supported on the desktop so presumably Scout isn't able to upload this data, hence the lack of display and ongoing error - but could I get confirmation of this, and is this just a restriction that we can't get around or is there a plan to have some sort of fallback mechanism added to Scout?

I'm also wondering whether the same issue is going to be true for the new ETC2 texture formats: will Scout be able to properly reflect the remote display here?

thanks

Andrew

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2015 0

Have something to add?