Highlighted

Exporting AIR with GPU over saturates colors!

New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I export with Auto, it works fine and colors are all normal but exporting with GPU/DIRECT completely oversaturates all the colors in my game. Has anyone had this issue? Is this a bug? Is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve desaturating colors before export?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting AIR with GPU over saturates colors!

New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I export with Auto, it works fine and colors are all normal but exporting with GPU/DIRECT completely oversaturates all the colors in my game. Has anyone had this issue? Is this a bug? Is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve desaturating colors before export?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 28, 2019 0
Advocate ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a weird question, if you export to "direct" that means you are using Stage3D, if you are using Stage3D that means you can't export to auto or other modes. If you CAN export to other modes then you don't use any Stage3D so don't export to "direct", it serves no purpose.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I was trying to export with GPU for desktop, isnt that what Direct is?

If I export with Direct I get a massive performance boost. Im not sure what stage3d is, so i assume I'm not using it.

Am i doing this wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Animate CC and trying to export an AIR for Desktop app using either GPU or Direct mode?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, im using Animate CC latest version 2019.

Exporting with Direct.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I haven't experienced that, but also haven't updated Animate since 2018.

Have you compared results using different versions of AIR? 

You also might have better luck asking on the Animate forum​, since Adobe staff are more likely to answer there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from what I've tried, 2017 and up has this issue.

Here's an example of what happens, https://imgur.com/a/wvBxPlq

Non-GPU is far too laggy when resolutions set to high. GPU runs okay. Although keyboard input seems to lag slightly and rolling over/out frantically over a button drops about 15 frames.

I wanted to set requestedDisplayResolution to high with GPU but it seems to create too many issues.

I'm on a 2017 iMac.

Appreciate the response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

Do you mean you've tried Animate versions 2017 and up? Latest AIR version is 32. You can download it here, and the newest beta here. If you haven't done so before, you just add it via "Help > Manage Adobe AIR SDK" in Animate.

Also, you are using bitmaps, right, and not vector graphics?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 0