Highlighted

External iOS framework arch

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to build my first ANE and I'm having some issues. After a lot of trial and error Iwas able to build an ANE that includes an external framework and bundle. Unfortunately, when I try to test my ANE in my own iOS test app, I get the following error:

ld: warning: ignoring file

"path/to/the/external/framework/being/used", file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x56 0x65 0x72 0x73 0x69 0x6f 0x6e 0x73 0x2f 0x43 0x75 0x72 0x72 0x65 0x6e 0x74 ) whis is not the architecture being linked (armv7)

undefined symbols blah blah because it just ignored the framework it needs

I'm by no means a Xcode nor native iOS expert, but I have no idea how the format can be the hex representation of "Versions/Current" when it was expecting "armv7". The only mention of something similar I found in Apples framework development guide: https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Concepts/Framew... but it doesn't shed much light on the issue.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Is there something I can do from the static lib project I'm using for the ANE?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

External iOS framework arch

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to build my first ANE and I'm having some issues. After a lot of trial and error Iwas able to build an ANE that includes an external framework and bundle. Unfortunately, when I try to test my ANE in my own iOS test app, I get the following error:

ld: warning: ignoring file

"path/to/the/external/framework/being/used", file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x56 0x65 0x72 0x73 0x69 0x6f 0x6e 0x73 0x2f 0x43 0x75 0x72 0x72 0x65 0x6e 0x74 ) whis is not the architecture being linked (armv7)

undefined symbols blah blah because it just ignored the framework it needs

I'm by no means a Xcode nor native iOS expert, but I have no idea how the format can be the hex representation of "Versions/Current" when it was expecting "armv7". The only mention of something similar I found in Apples framework development guide: https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Concepts/Framew... but it doesn't shed much light on the issue.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Is there something I can do from the static lib project I'm using for the ANE?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error seems to have come up for a few people. This post seems like the most hopeful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20419295/unable-to-use-parse-library-parse-linker-warning-file-was-built-for-unsupporte

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2014 1
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try tomorrow, thank you a lot for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2014 0
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it didn't really help. Just to be clear, this isn't happening while I try to build my lib in Xcode, it happens while I'm trying to package an ipa with my custom ANE. Just to make sure it wasn't something specific to my ANE, I also built another open source one (without messing around with its build system) and experienced the same problem. Of course, downloading a pre-built version of said ANE solved the issue (it was Freshplanet's Crashlytics ANE). I also tried telling ADT to build using my iOS SDK instead of the built-in one, but didn't help.

It's clear there's something wrong with my toolchain, but I don't know what. Here are my specs just in case:

* AIR SDK & Compiler 4.0 (4.0.0.1628)

* Xcode 5.1 (5B130a)

* iOS SDK 7.1

Would using a beta AIR SDK from labs help? I'm kinda at a loss right now...

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2014 0