• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook Sharing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I am trying to create an ios app to capture images and allow users to share it to their own timeline by logging in and logging out from their account from the created ios app and not through the facebook app, I was recommended the GoViral plugin to do this and while the email and messaging seems to be working, I could not get the login facebook button to work, when clicked, it gave me a black screen for a brief moment and shuts down, could anyone enlighten me on why is this happening?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way Facebook works has changed over the years, so make sure you're using the latest GoViral, and read its documentation about the app descriptor settings.

But, I think you could work in a different way. If you use this function:

GoViral.goViral.shareGenericMessageWithImage("Subject Text","Message",false,bitmapdata);

where 'bitmapdata' is your image, that should bring up the system share dialog, and the user can share to several different places, including Facebook. The system will take care of dealing with Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i would have to 2nd Colin's post. It is far easier to use shareGenericMessageWithImage. It will bring up the share dialog panel which most people are already used to doing. I use it for everything on my apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The share dialog panel works.. but it never passes the text for some reason.. only the bitmapdata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

‌the first two parameters are for text. The first being for the Subject line of an email if your user chooses email. The second is for the Message of an email, text and social post. Make sure your main message is in the second parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines