Highlighted

Failing to install ipa on iOS10 device using Adobe Animate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Installing an app compiled with AIR version 23 and below works great when I use a device with iOS 9 (or lower), but fails when I test with devices using iOS10.

If i try to install the app on the connected iOS device using Adobe Animate, I receive the good ol' Application Verification error. While if I try to install it directly to iTunes (tested both previous version and the newest [v. 12.5.1.21]), nothing happens.

Anyone has a clue what's causing this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Failing to install ipa on iOS10 device using Adobe Animate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Installing an app compiled with AIR version 23 and below works great when I use a device with iOS 9 (or lower), but fails when I test with devices using iOS10.

If i try to install the app on the connected iOS device using Adobe Animate, I receive the good ol' Application Verification error. While if I try to install it directly to iTunes (tested both previous version and the newest [v. 12.5.1.21]), nothing happens.

Anyone has a clue what's causing this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

I tried with a sample application and I am successfully able to install ipa on iOS 10 device using Animate CC.

I even tried with different iOS deployment types and it works fine with all the types and successfully get published on iOS 10 devices.

Development Environment:

AIRSDK used: AIR_23.0.257

Device used: iPhone 6 plus (10.0.1)

Please refer to below blog to troubleshoot AIR installation errors with iOS applications:

Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications

Please let us know if you still face the same problem.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deesharm,

Thanks for quick reply on this. I forget to mention that I'm using Windows 10.

To narrow it down, it fails when I use the same development environment as you:

AIRSDK used: AIR_23.0.257 (I've also tested on a few earlier versions down to 21)

Device used: iPhone 6 plus (and also iPad Air 2)

iOS: 10

Development Tools: Adobe Animate (on Windows 10)

I know my provisioning profile is correct since it works like a charm on devices with earlier iOS versions (below 10).

I've tested this with a sample application and get the same result.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

I again tried installing application on iOS 10 device using Animate CC on Windows 10.

It works fine and no such errors got reproduced.

Please let me know if you are able to package any application using same certificates and provisioning profile through command line and its successfully getting installed on your iOS 10 device through command line?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the command line, but no luck. I'll try and create a new provisioning profile and certificate to see if that will have an effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Please check the UUID of your device to be present in the provisioning profile.

Looks like Problem is majorly occurring because of the Certificate and provisioning profile.

Please let us know if you face any other problem.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UUID of my devices is present as I was able to install the same app two days ago, before updating iOS from 9 to 10. But I've experienced berfore that when Apple update their iOS, old provisioning profiles might fail.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. As suspected iOS10 disliked my old certificate and/or provisioning profile. Now it all works again.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 0