Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fb 4.7 air sdk 15.0.0.349 Error occurred while installing the application

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im using fb 4.7 air sdk 15.0.0.349 with Macosx 10.9.4, xcode 6.1 (ios simulator 8.1) and i keep getting the following response when debugging with ios simulator:

Error occurred while installing the application:

Session did end with error (null)

Can you help?  Is this a bug being fixed yet?

Thanks.

zed0784

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Hi,

The issue is fixed and will be available in next AIR SDK beta.

To try the fix now,

• Download isb from https://www.dropbox.com/s/sffwx8um12lkrzy/isb?dl=0

• Replace it with the one at <sdk>/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb

Thanks

Govind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue here, though I am on Yosemite (10.10).

EDIT:

For the record, I'm using the AirAlert ANE from freshplanet/ANE-Alert · GitHub and NativeDialogs ANE from mateuszmackowiak/NativeDialogs · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried various things (rebuilding workspace/project from scratch, different AIR sdks, different compiler options, different certs, dev vs. ad hoc provisioning profile, etc) and nothing has seemed to work. It will intermittently work (maybe 1 in 30 tries) but the next time I try to build, it fails again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error, does this happen on both AIR 15 and the AIR 15 beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried the two most recent beta releases yesterday as well as the stable release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous Air sdk 15.0.0.274 seemed fine. 15.0.0.349 causing issues. 

Maybe adobe will update us on this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are aware of this issue and we are working on it. We also observed that even after the error, app is installed in some cases and it's visible on relaunch of iOS Simulator.

Thanks

Govind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your observation doesn't seem the be consistent (we see the app is not installed in the simulator in a lot of the cases) but even when it is, it doesn't really help with debugging etc running an app in a detached simulator without debugger.

Can you please advise when this issue is expected to be resolved?

Thanks!

Michael.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error as well. The problem exhibits in IDE (IntelliJ IDEA 14) and command line adt -installApp as well.

Details: pure ActionScript AIR 15.0.0.349, Xcode 6.1, iOS 8.1 SDK, OS X 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more specific, I am running a project on an entirely new machine. The first time I ran it, it successfully launched iOS Simulator and ran fine. However, iOS Simulator defaulted to the iPhone layout. I quit iOS Simulator, launched Terminal to change to iPad config:

launchctl setenv AIR_IOS_SIMULATOR_DEVICE "iPad Retina”

…then quit IntelliJ IDEA (because I've found that's necessary), relaunched IntelliJ IDEA, and the problem reoccurred.

Manually uninstalling ipa from iOS Simulator then re-running did not resolve the issue.

I suspect it has little to do with what I did, but is probably a second-run issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply govind@adobe.

Looking forward to a fix from Adobe asap.  urgently needed as this has halted development.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting this same issue too and haven't found a way around it yet. When do you expect an updated AIR SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same problem.  IntelliJ IDEA 13, air sdk 15.0.0.349. Can we please get an update  as to when this might be fixed?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same problem recently, but my environment has not changed. I was debugging in the simulator fine, then all of a sudden I started getting the "session did end with error (null)" error. I'm also using fb 4.7 air sdk 15.0.0.349, OSX 10.10, xcode 6.1 (ios simulator 8.1). I really have no idea what changed and now my development has come to a screeching halt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah as adobe Staff have mentioned we're all waiting for the fix.  Needed asap!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I just updated my development environment to test for iOS 8.1 (AIR 15 SDK 15.0.0.356, Xcode Version 6.1 (6A1052d)) because my App was rejected. Apple said it was crashing on 8.1 and i dont know what the problem is. The 8.1 simulator worked once. Know i have "Session did end with error (null)". I am having the same problem on Yosemite on my MacBook and on Mavericks on my MacPro.

This is a show stopper!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my problems with my app crashing 8.1 were related to the new compiler. Compiling with the old one seems to work.

BUT i still cant test in iOS Simulator. This is a huge problem for our development and for our deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dennis84 can you be more specific?  Which old one?

I'm unclear on why we're not hearing anything from Adobe about this major problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i was refering to my other post. I am on FB 4.7, AIR 15 SDK 15.0.0.356, Xcode Version 6.1 (6A1052d) with the same problem on Mavericks on my MacPro and Yosemite on my MacBook Pro. My App (which uses Feathers and Starling) didnt work at all and even got rejected for Testflight testing because is was crashing immediately on iOS 8.1. I found out that this was related to the new compiler so "-useLegacyAOT yes " solved that problem.

But the problem that i cannot test in iOS simulator at all still persists. (Session did end with error (null))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is still occurring for me with the latest AIR 16.0.0.214 (pure ActionScript app, IntelliJ IDEA 14.0, OS X 10.10, iOS SDK 8.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Latest AIR 16.0.0.214 release notes still mention the install issue as a "known Bug".  Still haven't fixed it.

Not sure why it's pretty important!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zed0784 Where did you find the AIR 16 release notes? I'm getting a 404 link not found error when trying to access the link http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air16_flashplayer16_releasenotes.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ridiculous. Without this fixed it's near impossible to developer for iOS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know.  We need adobe staff to sort this now.  Urgent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines