Highlighted

File Exists Always returning false

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the File.applicationStorageDirectory.resolvePath("myData.db") to reference the location of my SQLite DB file. When I browse to the folder in question I can see that the file is in fact there, however and traces I implement of dbfile.exists is false. It only ever returns true should I use my defaultdb and CopyTo the file of the myData.
What seems to be the issue here?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File Exists Always returning false

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the File.applicationStorageDirectory.resolvePath("myData.db") to reference the location of my SQLite DB file. When I browse to the folder in question I can see that the file is in fact there, however and traces I implement of dbfile.exists is false. It only ever returns true should I use my defaultdb and CopyTo the file of the myData.
What seems to be the issue here?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably a dumb question but are you sure that you're checking the right folder in Exlorer ? To be sure do a trace(File.applicationStorageDirectory.resolvePath("myData.db").nativePath) !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2015 0
Selacius LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I trace the nativePath of the file I am trying to find it shows "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Arakaron.debug\Local Store". This is the exact path I am following in Explorer. Now, instead of applicationStorageDirectory I can do documentsDirectory and it reads that the file is in fact there. With the applicationStorageDirectory it only registers that the file exists after I copy from the embedded db file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2015 0