Highlighted

Flash Android application identifier with underline

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this 'invalid application descriptor: invalid application identifier' when publish my old flash android fla.

My app id is like com.this_is_id.android.test

It keep happens when my id with underline '_', but this id was ok about a year ago.

Now I cant update my app at googleplay because this.

Please help,thanks.

*MBP OS X 10.9
*Flash CC & CS6
*AIR SDK 3.4 ~ 4.0

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flash Android application identifier with underline

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this 'invalid application descriptor: invalid application identifier' when publish my old flash android fla.

My app id is like com.this_is_id.android.test

It keep happens when my id with underline '_', but this id was ok about a year ago.

Now I cant update my app at googleplay because this.

Please help,thanks.

*MBP OS X 10.9
*Flash CC & CS6
*AIR SDK 3.4 ~ 4.0

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Underscore is certainly an illegal character in the ID (in application.xml) according to the docs

Did you try using AIR 3.4 again to see if the rules changed since then?  Maybe it was allowed in a previous version of AIR, but not any more?

Are you sure it's not a dash?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2014 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for kindly reply.

according this
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-5d0f4f25128cc9cd0cb-7ffd.html

Android application IDs

if the ID is not a legal package name on the Android operating system, it is converted to a legal name. Hyphen characters are changed to underscores and leading digits in any ID component are preceded by a capital “A”. For example, the ID: 3-goats.1-boat, is transformed to the package name: air.A3_goats.A1_boat.

so I dont know why underscore is illegal,and my app at googleplay has an underscore ID indeed, not dash, I am sure.

this really bother me,cant update any app with an underscroe ID

because I have to update app to support android 4.x ...

ps. 3.4 even 3.2 also not working,@@ dont know how I did it before...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from what I understand:

1) The error you get is while packaging your app

2) The ID you are using would be ok for Google Play (if it worked) because it accepts underscores

3) Google play will convert the ID from dash to underscore

So the solution seems to me to use: com.this-is-id.android.test

1) Packaging in AIR would be ok because the dash is accepted

2) Google Play would convert the dashes to underscores, and it would be ok on Google Play too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2014 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES !

Thanks for your kindly help.

I think this is how I got lost, when I change ID's underscore to dash, press ok in Android setting window,then reopen setting window,
app ID will auto change to fla's file name,I think that's another story...

Anyway,I can update my app now,thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2014 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canyou help me with my problem, i want to do a guitar app with a multitouch button but i don't know how because i'm a beginner in AS3.

i'm doing this for my project. Can you give me a sample code for multitouch button please.. Thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2014 0