• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 & Scout no longer Available? EOL for AIR?

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user posted on the Starling Forum and brought to my attention that both Flash Builder 4.7 & Scout were both missing from the list of software you can download with the creative cloud. I noticed this a week or so ago, but I could still find a place to download FB4.7 on Adobe website. Now that seems gone as well.

Seeing as how we're SUPPPER behind on getting a roadmap on AIR, and now that Adobe has removed FB4.7 & Scout from being able to download... I can't help but feel some sad news is on the horizon. I can understand FB4.7 as we have alternatives, but Scout is a bigger tell for me.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong and have missed something

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

So it seems Adobes website is hard to use. Turns out, there is still a link to download these: Download Creative Cloud apps 

Oddly enough though, if you have FB4.7 or Scout installed, they both show up in the Creative Cloud to let you uninstall. Just the install link is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems Adobes website is hard to use. Turns out, there is still a link to download these: Download Creative Cloud apps 

Oddly enough though, if you have FB4.7 or Scout installed, they both show up in the Creative Cloud to let you uninstall. Just the install link is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Builder somewhere, and so it had the Unistall option. I didn't currently have Scout installed, so that had the Install button. Which works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out Flash Builder 4.7 & Scout are both still inside the Creative Cloud app. You have to go to preferences>creative cloud>apps>Show older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Thank you! You have to change your preference for the Creative Cloud to "show older apps". It is not removed and is still part of the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but now it is no longer a part of CC2019. Adobe is killing anything that has anything to do with Flash. If Adobe is doing away with this stuff, then why is it still for sale? The open source versions of Actionscript will die next and Adobe will be back to peddling Photoshop and Illustrator again. Even Animate is being inundated with age old problems from Illustrator that Adobe has not enhanced such as sampling colors in Gradient color ramps and the fact that all gradients start as a black and white object. Years ago, when they bought the Macromedia software - the best software I have used to date as far as innovation and stabilty are concerned - Adobe killed Freehand over Illustrator. Freehand would at least add the color of your existing object to the gradient color ramp, and every color cube would sample existing colors. Flash was the same way. As the industry kills more and more of these programs, what will Adobe have to offer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found Flash Builder (for mac) in the latest creative cloud app? I was trying to find it today, in order to update some legacy apps and I wasn't able to find it in the website or the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find related questions for "where to get Flash Builder" in the FlashBuilder section of this forum as well as here in the Air community section.

I have been waiting for a week for some kind of response from adobe.

Others have been waiting longer.

So much for 24 hour guaranteed response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up. 

I have also the same issue : i buy some licence for years ago, but for now, i just can't find any download link to FB 4.7 anymore. (no mirror anywhere on the web ?)

I don't ask for any support, i know that this software has been deppreciated a long time ago, but i still have some apps developped with, and have a new "old" mac and want to install it again.

Notice that FB 4.7 doesn't work properly with recents MacOsX releases (after El Captain / java 7 it's over, except if you try by yourself to configure some extra tips)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines