Highlighted

Flash CC 2014 publishing Adobe AIR 17 - use captive or shared runtime?

Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed an app using Flash CC 2014, In IOS I had to upgrade to the builder and I got the function to work, but now I have the same app and need to develop for Android. I created a separate fla and did the following

Used Android 17.0.0.96

added the general info

created the p12 now I have the option to choose captive or shared runtime. I get warnings about each when I publish so I have to publish this app to GooglePlay and need to know the procedure as I'm on a Mac and I see procedures involving code when doing this on a windows machine.

Can someone help me out here?

R

I would recommend to use "Captive".

Difference is pretty simple...

Shared Basically means that it compiles the "apk" without the Adobe AIR runtime, resulting in a smaller file size apk but REQUIRES users to have the "Adobe AIR App" installed.

Captive means that it compiles the "apk" with the Adobe AIR runtime, resulting in a larger file size apk but DOES NOT REQUIRE users to have the "Adobe AIR App" installed.

If you want to Guarantee everyone can run your app, use captive. If you want to rely on users to hope the have the correct version of AIR installed to view your app, use Shared.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flash CC 2014 publishing Adobe AIR 17 - use captive or shared runtime?

Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed an app using Flash CC 2014, In IOS I had to upgrade to the builder and I got the function to work, but now I have the same app and need to develop for Android. I created a separate fla and did the following

Used Android 17.0.0.96

added the general info

created the p12 now I have the option to choose captive or shared runtime. I get warnings about each when I publish so I have to publish this app to GooglePlay and need to know the procedure as I'm on a Mac and I see procedures involving code when doing this on a windows machine.

Can someone help me out here?

R

Shared Basically means that it compiles the "apk" without the Adobe AIR runtime, resulting in a smaller file size apk but REQUIRES users to have the "Adobe AIR App" installed.

Captive means that it compiles the "apk" with the Adobe AIR runtime, resulting in a larger file size apk but DOES NOT REQUIRE users to have the "Adobe AIR App" installed.

If you want to Guarantee everyone can run your app, use captive. If you want to rely on users to hope the have the correct version of AIR installed to view your app, use Shared.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 16, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2015 0
Advocate ,
Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a fact: iOS can have only embedded runtime (captive)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2015 0