• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC AIR 13.0.0.111 - Adding folder to bundle using relative address

Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I can find no way to (manually or otherwise) add an entire folder to the package / bundle using pathing that's relative to the project directory using AIR 13.0.0.111 and Flash CC. The "Add Folder" icon invokes some custom Adobe file browser that does not have an address bar or any means of text entry, and there is no option to use the standard windows dialog instead.

If there's a workaround, I'd like to hear it. If not, I'd love to get this request to the AIR / Flash team and have it addressed in a forthcoming update. Where's the right place to do that?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And so, six months later, I have the same exact question, I type it into Google, and find my own, unanswered post.

Does nobody read this stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to the same for a long time, but unsuccessful.

I'm using batch scripts with adt packaging for this right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The irony is that I'm working on a project right now, where a folder has been packaged using relative addressing using some version of the Flash IDE. But when I try to do the same for another project in CC2014, no dice. So it USED to be possible, but doesn't appear to be any more, at least on a Windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... and some two years later, still no official answer to this question, and still no joy. Interestingly, the old app with the relative addressing in the path still works and compiles great!

Why would we want this feature? if you have teams working on the same Flash IDE project and each person needs to do their own build for debugging, they would currently need to set their own folder time and time again. However, consider the scenario where the FLA is on GIT and it changes from time to time and gets committed to git so other devs can get the changes. Every time you're going into settings, locating the packaged files and hard-coding the absolute address for your filesystem.

It's brutal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines