Highlighted

Flash CC Air iOS: Problems with loading text from an external xml located on a server.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have this code allowing me to load text from an xml located on a server. Everything works fine on the Air for Android. The app even works in the ios emulator, but once I export my app to my ios device with ios 7, I don't see any text. The app is developed with Air sdk 3.9. What could be the reason? Do I need any special permissions like on Android? Does ios even allow to load xml from an external server?

Any clues?

Correct answer by Sairope | Community Beginner

Ok,  I've fixed the problem.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flash CC Air iOS: Problems with loading text from an external xml located on a server.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have this code allowing me to load text from an xml located on a server. Everything works fine on the Air for Android. The app even works in the ios emulator, but once I export my app to my ios device with ios 7, I don't see any text. The app is developed with Air sdk 3.9. What could be the reason? Do I need any special permissions like on Android? Does ios even allow to load xml from an external server?

Any clues?

Correct answer by Sairope | Community Beginner

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to say what the problem was, in case someone else has the same issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2014 0
Sairope LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my bad. I linked to a php file to avoid any connection lags, which was absolutely fine on the android, but didn't seem to work on the ios 7. So all I did is change the php extension to xml and it worked without any problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2014 0