Highlighted

Flash CS6: Android debug "unable to connect to the debugger"

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash CS6 on a Windows 7 machine. I'm trying to debug on a Nexus 4 (yes, USB debugging is enabled on the device).

When I select "AIR Settings > Deployment > Debug" and publish, the app is installed on my device but it just shows a black screen for awhile, then finally a dialog on my phone appears that says:

Adobe AIR

Unable to connect to the debugger (MyPC.home)

Enter IP address or Hostname:

[text input]

[OK] [Cancel]

Neither IP or hostname seems to connect the debugger.

If I press Cancel I can use the app. I can also deploy the app as "Device release" just fine. I just don't get any debug output in Flash Pro, which makes debugging really hard since I can't see exceptions or trace actions.

I'm basically stuck and unable to debug. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Aaron

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flash CS6: Android debug "unable to connect to the debugger"

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash CS6 on a Windows 7 machine. I'm trying to debug on a Nexus 4 (yes, USB debugging is enabled on the device).

When I select "AIR Settings > Deployment > Debug" and publish, the app is installed on my device but it just shows a black screen for awhile, then finally a dialog on my phone appears that says:

Adobe AIR

Unable to connect to the debugger (MyPC.home)

Enter IP address or Hostname:

[text input]

[OK] [Cancel]

Neither IP or hostname seems to connect the debugger.

If I press Cancel I can use the app. I can also deploy the app as "Device release" just fine. I just don't get any debug output in Flash Pro, which makes debugging really hard since I can't see exceptions or trace actions.

I'm basically stuck and unable to debug. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Aaron

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2015 0

Have something to add?