• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash.notifications

Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is flash.notifications specific to Apple's "APN" API?

Why is there no built in support for Android push notifications? Or did I miss that somewhere? Is it coming in the future?

Is it possible to implement Android push notifications and Apple notifications in an abstract way, without regard to what platform you are on? (Like how AIR, as a cross-platform framework, is generally supposed to work.)

Cheers.

-Aaron

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Push notifications support in AIR was only added for iOS platform since it could not achieved via native extensions.There is no built in support for push notifications in AIR for android platform. Android push notifications can be implemented using native extensions like as3gamegears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Though, you say it wasn't possible on iOS as a native extension, yet that ANE says it works on iOS? (I'm not debating, just a little confused.)

That's a nice looking ANE, all the ones I've seen so far (including the one suggested in the Adobe docs on flash.notifications) were platform specific, but this one looks like it works on both iOS and Android, which is exactly what I'm after.

I do wish AIR had a native API for push on both iOS and Android so it was less hassle to setup.

Cheers.

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines