Highlighted

Flash Player Hardware Acceleration

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have been profiling a Flex application with Adobe Scout and I have identified there is an issue in the rendering pipeline for some of our users.

This is shown as GPU lag in "Inactive" section the Scout Session summary as "waiting for GPU" this has been resulting in lower frame rates and choppy user input.

It is an Air application with Window Mode set as Direct.

For some of our users we are able to fix this by disabling hardware in the setting with the lag going away. However it seems for other users when we disable in the settings we are still seeing the same lag i.e. "waiting for GPU" in Scout

I'd be grateful if any or all of these questions could be answered.

1) Is there anyway for use to detect programmatically if hardware acceleration is being used?

2) Is there any advantage in using Hardware acceleration for applications with vector based display lists?

3) Why is GPU lag continuing after disabling hardware acceleration in the Flash settings?

4) Do we need to set Window Mode to something like "Window" to ensure Hardware Acceleration doesn't happen?

5) Is there anyway to switch off hardware acceleration programmatically?

Thanks in advance

Pete

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flash Player Hardware Acceleration

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have been profiling a Flex application with Adobe Scout and I have identified there is an issue in the rendering pipeline for some of our users.

This is shown as GPU lag in "Inactive" section the Scout Session summary as "waiting for GPU" this has been resulting in lower frame rates and choppy user input.

It is an Air application with Window Mode set as Direct.

For some of our users we are able to fix this by disabling hardware in the setting with the lag going away. However it seems for other users when we disable in the settings we are still seeing the same lag i.e. "waiting for GPU" in Scout

I'd be grateful if any or all of these questions could be answered.

1) Is there anyway for use to detect programmatically if hardware acceleration is being used?

2) Is there any advantage in using Hardware acceleration for applications with vector based display lists?

3) Why is GPU lag continuing after disabling hardware acceleration in the Flash settings?

4) Do we need to set Window Mode to something like "Window" to ensure Hardware Acceleration doesn't happen?

5) Is there anyway to switch off hardware acceleration programmatically?

Thanks in advance

Pete

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to AIR Bugs and Performance Issues, since you're describing an AIR application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2017 0