• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Pro - Simulator stops responding .. requires full reboot. Is there an easier way?

Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens way too often..  go to hit COMMAND + ENTER ..  get  "test failed" ...  Simulator is in my tray no responding. Quitting Flash Pro and re-opening does nothing. Only fix is to fully reboot my computer.

Is there a process I can kill or something to fully reset Flash Pro rather than a full computer reboot?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

I found the fix... really annoying. You have to delete your app xml file and compile again. Really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you've tried this, but what about force-quitting the simulator?

I use flash builder, so other than that I'm not going to be much help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Force quitting doesn't help.. as soon as I try to compile again it opens the simulator in a non-responsive state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured as much. I much prefer using flash builder to make apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to kill SimController process. If you don't use it - try to rename it so Flash IDE will not use it. On Windows its placed at flashproinstallfolder\Common\Configuration\Simulator\SimController.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the fix... really annoying. You have to delete your app xml file and compile again. Really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines